Erik Rankin is the founder of Grim Reaper Fitness and part owner. he is a Certified Triathlon Coach with USAT (Level 1 & Youth and Junior) and ITCA certifications.He has completed sport-specific coaching designations in USATF, RRCA, and USAC (Level 3). In 2014 he became an official TrainingPeaks Certified Coach and is currently working to complete his ASCA swimming certification.
Erik takes education seriously, having earned two masters’ degrees and working to complete his Ph.D. in Higher Education. He is currently working with top triathlon coach, Ian Murray, making progress toward Level II USAT certification. A happily married father of two little girls (both of whom are crazy about multisport), family is of the greatest importance to Erik, and he is thrilled that GRF is part of that family.
- Completed over 70+ multisport events
- Races for Bloomington Cycle and Fitness Triathlon Team
- Brand Ambassador for Challenge Family Triathlon & TrainingPeaks
- Sponsored athlete by Honey Stinger, Tri-Clips, and X-1 powered by H2O Audio
- Inaugural Grass Roots Illinois Triathlon Series (GRITS) Champion 2012
- Race director for Splash, Mash, Dash indoor triathlon at 4 Seasons Association (2012-2015)
- Triathlon Coach (swim focus) at 4 Seasons Association in Bloomington
- Qualified and competed at USAT Age Group & Aquabike Nationals (2012-2015)
- Has personally trained over 200+ clients competing in triathlons of all distances, Xterra, 5k’s, 10k’s, Half-Marathon’s and full Marathons. Two GRF athletes even climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. You name it, if it is endurance based, Erik and GRF can coach it.
- Member: USAT, USMS, USATF, USAC, RRCA, ITCA
Erik is excited for 2017 and looks forward to watching his clients excel. Grim Reaper Fitness has coached athletes to complete all of their multisport goals since 2010. No matter how big or small, Erik can build a plan to suit your needs.