Grim Reaper Fitness Youth and Junior Triathlon Team
The purpose of the GRF Youth and Junior Team is to teach the sport of triathlon in a safe and effective environment. Practices will focus on technique and skill development in a fun, group setting. Safety will be a key focus of our curriculum and instruction. For older and more experienced athletes the practices will focus on technique and specific work in key identified areas where the athlete would like to improve.
6–17 (as of December 31, 2017)
May 7th – August 7th
- Main practice on Monday evening at 6pm
- Open water swim practice on Wednesday evening 5-6:30 (younger kids at 6pm)
- Weekend Bike Practice or focused skills – TBD
To prepare the athletes to compete safely in a multisport event.
- Previous triathlon experience is not necessary
- Must be able to swim 25-50 yards, confidently ride a bike without training wheels, and run for 10 minutes continuously (the GRF Youth and Junior Team is not intended to be a learn-to-swim or learn-to-ride program)
- Appropriate swim apparel (e.g. one-piece for girls, jammers for boys) including a swim cap and goggles are required
- Development Team triathletes may use any style bike and must have a bicycle-style helmet with a working chin strap
- Running specific shoes are required
- Road ID (GRF is a Road ID Affiliate) or other emergency identification band
- Signed Code of Conduct
Cost & Requirements
- $149 for entire season (May –August with a few off weeks)
- USA Triathlon membership valid through October 31, 2017 required ($15 per 12 months 7–15 years old)
- Team uniform/racing kit is approximately $100
- Race registration fees and travel costs are not included and are the responsibility of the parent
Once an athlete has joined the GRF Youth & Junior Team parents and athletes (if appropriate) are invited to join a private facebook group and GRF season calendar for communication.
Contact Grim Reaper Fitness for more information.